OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
- We will continue to provide long life products that will stand the test of time.
- Design and make floors that have a minimal environmental impact.
- Provide carbon negative solutions as standard.
- Use only independently certified new woods with the aim of supplying 100% certified new woods by 2022.
- Reclaim and re-purpose previously used wood for 20% of our sales.
- Heat our factories with wood waste generated in our own manufacturing processes.
- Develop natural fibre alternatives to LVT and other petrochemical-based floors.
- Create healthy environments inside your homes, places of work,
and leisure venues.
CONSIDER THESE POINTS WHEN CHOOSING WOOD FLOORING
TO MAKE THE MOST SUSTAINABLE FLOORING CHOICE POSSIBLE:
ONLY USE CERTIFIED FLOORS
& PAY ATTENTION TO LABELS
Limit carbon intensive materials by using FSC™ and PEFC
certified floors (not just accredited companies) that are harvested
as part of responsible and sustainable forest management.
SPECIFY LONG LIFE WOOD
Choose carbon capturing materials by specifying long life wood products that lock away carbon and can be regenerated. This is about moving away from single-use floors to those that can be refurbished over decades and being prepared to choose floors with the least environmental impact.
CONSIDER THE LIFETIME COST
Long-lasting wood floors can be easily reused and reclaimed so
take into account the lifetime cost of the floor if possible.
For example, consider wood floors with thicker wear layers
where possible (at least 3 or 4mm), so that floors can be re-sanded.
20mm boards with a 6mm hardwood wear layer for example are even more long-lasting, more environmentally friendly and more cost effective long-term. To read more visit our blog STEP UP TO 20MM
HELPING YOU FEEL GOOD
IN YOUR HOME, AT WORK AND
IN OUR COMMUNITY SPACES
Did you know? 98% of our Ted Todd new woods come
from environmentally sustainable, certified sources.