Showroom Consultant Job Description:
The role is for a Showroom Consultant for our London Design Centre.
- Part-Time role is for a Showroom Consultant – 3 days a week.
- May be required to work extra time when we host interior events for customers.
- May be required to travel to other UK offices for training and as necessary.
About Ted Todd
Ted Todd is a prominent manufacturer and supplier of high-quality wood flooring based in the United Kingdom. Established in 1993, the company is renowned for its expertise in creating and sourcing exceptional wood floors. We offer a wide range of flooring options, including solid wood, engineered wood, and reclaimed wood floors.
With our dedication to quality and attention to detail, Ted Todd has earned a strong reputation in the industry for providing luxurious and enduring wood flooring solutions. We cater to both residential and commercial customers, offering a diverse selection of tones, designs, finishes, and wood species to suit various design preferences and project requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Retail experience is important, with an eye for detail and professionalism. Interest in Interior design is a plus.
Main Job Purpose for the Showroom Consultant role
To deliver a first-class customer experience for all our commercial and consumer visitors to the showroom.
Main Duties of the Showroom Consultant:
- To assist all visitors to the showroom with product selection by providing advice and guidance.
- Measurement of the showroom’s performance by tracking the conversion of Showroom visitors to purchases.
- Contact all consumer web enquiries and showroom visitors and guide them to their local retailer.
- To maintain an immaculately presented showroom in line with ALL Design Centre Housekeeping guidelines.
- Keep accurate records of all showroom visitors.
- Use company systems to advise customers on stock and orders.
- Maintain good relationships with Retail Partners.
- To cross-sell and upsell where appropriate and always provided the product that meets the needs of the client
- Keep up to date with all products, and keep track of new products and discontinued lines.
- To be professional and presentable at all times / project the correct company image in line with brand values.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to increase traffic into the Showroom.
- Be proactive with regard to showroom presentation and merchandising (subject to change approval)
Operations of the Showroom Consultant
- Ensure timely follow-up of all opportunities and activities within CRM.
- Maintain all CRM and Nav client data in real-time, as directed, to ensure all records and subsequent reporting and forecasting are accurate.
- Provide exemplary customer service, always presenting a professional company image.
- Process all quotes and orders accurately and in a timely manner for all clients.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to identify their requirements and maintain our relationships.
- Keep customers informed of the progress of their orders and ensure that they are notified of any possible delays.
- To provide efficient and effective support to the external Studio team, working together to provide the best service and outcome to our clients.
- Keep up to date with all products, including new products and discontinued lines.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be reasonably requested of you.
Training & Compliance for the Showroom Consultant
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as instructed.
- Carry out all training provided to the deadlines prescribed.
- Execute the responsibilities of a company employee acting in a lawful and ethical manner in accordance with your contract of employment and company staff handbook.
- Work with Line Manager to manage own professional development, including performance appraisal and identifying and meeting training needs to ensure competence and compliance.
We are ideally looking for somebody with:
- Good initiative, organised and good communication skills
- Professional and keeps the showroom immaculately presented
- Energetic, positive attitude and a willingness to get involved and learn
- A good eye for detail
- Experience in retail administration
- Microsoft Office and Google docs proficiency
- Familiarity with CRM system preferred, but not essential
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining what differentiates you from the crowd to email@example.com. Successful applications will be contacted for an initial interview via Teams.