3 ELEGANT DESIGN TECHNIQUES FOR YOUR HOME
English country home interior design is often characterised by a mix of rustic charm and refined elegance, which can make it very appealing to many people. Here are some key features that contribute to its appeal.
EMBRACE PATTERNS, TEXTILES AND NATURAL MATERIALS
One of the hallmarks of English country style is a love of traditional patterns, textiles, natural materials and nature-inspired colour palettes.
- Mix and match patterns: Country homes often feature a mix of patterns, such as floral prints, stripes, and plaids. Don’t be afraid to mix and match patterns in your space, but be sure to keep a consistent colour palette to tie everything together.
- Incorporate textiles: To add warmth and texture to your space, incorporate textiles such as wool, linen, and cotton. Consider using these materials for your curtains, throw pillows, and area rugs.
- Use warm colours: Warm colours such as beige, brown, and green can help create a cosy and inviting atmosphere in your space. Consider using these colours for your walls, furniture, and decor.
- Incorporate nature: Bring the outdoors in by incorporating natural elements such as flowers, plants, and branches into your decor. This can help create a sense of tranquillity and relaxation in your space.
FOCUS ON TRADITIONAL CRAFTSMANSHIP
English country style is all about traditional craftsmanship and attention to detail with carefully curated collections of art, books and decorative objects.
- Add vintage touches: Vintage pieces such as antique mirrors, old-fashioned clocks, and vintage art can add character and charm to your space.
- Choose natural materials: Incorporate natural materials such as wood, stone, and metal to add a rustic and organic feel to your space. Consider installing wooden doors, window frames and flooring, stone for your fireplace, and metal for your light fixtures.
TIMELESS, FUNCTIONAL DESIGN
The overall appeal of adopting a country home design lies in its ability to combine traditional elegance with comfortable, livable elements that create a cosy and welcoming atmosphere.
English country homes are often designed with a focus on functionality, with practical features such as built-in storage, sturdy furniture, and durable finishes. This can make the space feel both beautiful and livable.
Overall, creating an English country interior design in your home is all about embracing traditional patterns, warm and natural materials, and a focus on traditional craftsmanship. By incorporating these elements into your space, you can create a warm and inviting atmosphere that reflects the charm and character of the British countryside.
MODERN HERITAGE: WOODWORKS AGED
Traditional English country homes are often characterised by their rustic charm and traditional craftsmanship, making Woodworks’s Aged Oak flooring a popular choice for incorporating the charm of a country retreat into your home design. Petite and less grand than stately homes, these rural residences are typically built from local materials, such as stone, brick, or timber, and are often designed in a style that reflects the local vernacular architecture complemented by landscaped gardens.
Our handcrafted Woodworks Aged floors, in particular the new Baslow, Brantwood and Arley, are all particularly well-suited to country homes, as it offers a warm and inviting aesthetic that complements the traditional architecture and rustic charm of these properties.